Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Summertime, it came and went...

Since our last post, not too much exciting has happened.

Highlights of June:
I took a 6 week summer class to make my semester a little easier in the Fall.
I started working at Red Robin to keep myself busy and to have a little extra money. It's been awesome working there. I've been given the best schedule, and every one there is so nice to me because I'm pregnant. I make way more money at this Red Robin than I ever did when I worked at one up in PA, so it's been great.
Jared continued working at USF's writing center, and he started work at Hillsborough Community College's writing center. On the side, he was doing private editing for some people. Needless to say, there was no time for fun the month of June.

Highlights of July:
I start my second 6 week summer class and continued work at Red Robin.
Jared took over as writing director at USF's writing center, so he had quite a bit of responsibility. He's my hard working husband and I'm grateful for that.
At the end of July, we moved from Jay's house to a new apartment. We absolutely love our new place (3 bedrooms!) It gives us a lot of space and it's brand new.

Highlights of August:
We finally broke out our camera.
The very first week of August, my good friend Suzanne came back to Florida to visit her family. Jared and I were able to meet up with her and her family at the beach for a day. It was so fun to see her and catch up. One day, we'll get to Denver to visit her.
Then, we spent a week in PA visiting my family. My sweet mom and sisters threw me a baby shower, and it was the best decorated baby shower I've ever been to. They had a clothes line filled with baby clothes around the entire tent and cute little center pieces made out of books, toy blocks, and teddy bears. It was so cute! Here are some pictures...

A glimpse of the center pieces, gift table, and baby clothes line

Not the best picture, but the only one I have with both my sisters in it


Me and the Grandmother to be :)

The rest of our trip to PA was wonderful, but apparently not worthy of pictures. We were able to go to Virginia and visit all four of my grandparents. It was so nice to see them and spend time. Unfortunately, it went by too fast but the exciting part was saying good bye because next time we saw them, I wouldn't be pregnant anymore!

After several weeks of being in our new place, we finally got Claire's nursery done. It was so fun to put together, and I often go in there and think about when she'll be here. We are so excited for her arrival! Here's just a couple pictures of the nursery...

We chose Winnie the Pooh because it's neutral and timeless. We figured it'll never get old and we can use it for future children. I painted the letters and tied ribbons to them. Jared helped me hang them up. We were pretty happy with the results.

The rocking chair where I'm sure I'll spend many nights and the book shelf, which Jared is very happy about. He likes that we already have a library started for her.

Just last week, we both started our Fall semesters. I am in my last semester at UT, and just have 2 more classes until I graduate with my masters! It can't come soon enough. Claire will get here mid semester, so I've been able to work out some accelerated schedules with my professors. I am also working as a graduate assistant on campus, so two jobs and two classes right now is keeping me busy.
Jared was offered a teaching position at UT this Fall, which is awesome. We get to go to work together twice a week! When he's not teaching at UT, he is working at HCC's writing center or editing private jobs. We are in for a hectic semester, but we can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. I seriously hate the fact that the first time I see the nursery it is in a picture!! What a darling nursery though!!

    What a great way to decorate a baby shower too! Your family is so cute.

    I love reading all these highlights. I think I am caught up on what is going on, but I didn't know some of those things with both you and Jared!

    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete